Sunday, January 18, 2009

Socket


Tired of AIDS, coming of age, that first relationship, and campy fabulousness being the only subjects of queer cinema? Ready for a gay film where the sexual orientation of the characters is treated in a matter-of-fact manner and secondary to the actual storytelling? Do you like good ole fashioned sci-fi/horror genre entertainment? Then Socket is a movie you'll want to check out.

I managed to catch this at the LA G&L film festival last year, and I have to say it was a breath of fresh year. I'm gay, but I'm also a true blue geek who loves good sci-fi and horror movies. And let's face it, it's not like anyone is trampling over themselves to make movies for gay geeks. So to discover Socket, with it's quirky premise, solid writing, and great performances, that just also happened to have some super steamy sex scenes thrown in, was truly a nice surprise. I'm glad to see that the film secured a distributor so that more people will be able to see it - and I hope that it's a big success so that more movies like it will get made in the future. Read More...

No comments:

Post a Comment